Technological advancement has led to the development of electric deep fryer, an efficient and reliable kitchen appliance that you can use to fry food such as fish faster than conventional cookers. However, you need to choose the best so as to get maximum benefits. Here is a comprehensive buying guide to ensure that you get value for your money when shopping.
This is one of the supreme factors that you need to consider when comparing various deep fryers. The best are fitted with safety features that protect users from burns and electric accidents. For instance, the best have high-quality plastic handles and insulation outer material that prevents loss of heat as you prepare your favorite meals
It goes without saying that you should choose a fryer that is ideal for both new and experienced users. The control knobs should be clearly labeled. The best come with a comprehensive user’s manual that is packed with all the information you need to take full control of the fryer. More importantly, is should be able to meet our needs and preferences amicably.
Choose a deep fryer that can prepare foods fast using less fat to save time and money for other financial obligations. In most cases, temperature ranges between 300 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It is recommendable to lower the temperature when cooking thick/dense foods to allow maximum penetration of heat and prevent scorching. One of the factors that you can use to determine performance of electric fryer is the rating of the immersion element. Be sure to consult the personnel at the store if such details are not indicated in the manual.
There are hundreds of companies that produce and sell this appliance. To be on the safe side, it is prudent to purchase models that are manufactured by reputable companies with clean track record and reputation in the market. An intensive online background research can help you get a clear perspective on what to expect and avoid regrets down the road.
Ultimately, you are looking for an electric deep fryer that is durable. The best manufacturing companies understand this fact too well as evident from their rigorous quality control systems that they use to check their product before releasing them into the market. Save money that you would have spent on new fryer now and then by purchasing one that is durable.
6. Consider the price tag on your preferred electric deep fryer to avoid plunging yourself into financial problems. Be sure to take advantage of deals such as coupons or special offered by suppliers especially during festive seasons to reduce your expenditure.
Factors to consider when choosing best deep fryer
Here are some important factors to look into when buying a deep fryer:
1. The size
Size of the product matters very much and it will depend on the quantity of the ingredients; it will depend on the purpose you are buying the deep fryer for. If it’s intended to be used in the family, you will need to shop for a larger size to be able to fry enough. Some fryers just accommodate only between 2 to 3 cups, the family type of the appliance should be able to fry up to 8 cups or more. The commercial purpose deep fryer is even bigger in size for convenience.
2. The basket
The basket is another important factor to consider when choosing the appliance; the current models of the product are designed with a rotating basket. The basket of this type in an ideal for quick deep frying in real time, the olden type of basket is known to be slower in deep frying. If you often deep fry at home you are better off with the rotation basket, since it fries the food very fast and efficiently.
3. Temperature Control
This depends much on the type of fries you intend to use the appliance for, the usual kinds of deep fryers comes in basic temperature controls as low”, medium” and high only. This is not ideal for a more accurate temperature control, if you want to deep fry variety of food stuff especially meat. Buy the model which has a more advanced temperature features, such a model temperature can be adjusted to whichever level you want.
4. Safety Control
Best deep fryer should have passed safety tests by the government body; many suppliers often fake the certificates or just write about how it has passed the safety test. Go for the deep fryer which has safety test certificate.
Top Benefits of a Deep Fryer
No kitchen is complete with a deep fryer, and it is one of the handiest and easiest to use kitchen gadgets you can possibly own. More and more people are trying to prepare and cook their food from scratch, and a deep fryer is one of the easiest and best tools to let you do that.
1. Deep Fried Food – Healthy or Not
Deep fried food is often thought of as unhealthy, but this is simply not true. It can be both healthy and delicious. It all depends on which oils you use, and how you prepare the food.
Home made fries are much healthier than shop bought ones. You can cut your potatoes thicker which surprisingly stops fats, or oils, clinging to the surface of the fries. This is just one way you can reduce the amount of fat you eat when you use a deep fryer.
There are many other foods which are good for you as well. For instance, you should never hesitate to use your deep fryer for your vegetables. Vegetables are low fat to start with, and when you fry them quickly they retain much more of their nutritional value.
Other produce such as chicken and fish also retain more of their nutritional content. Deep fried salmon does not lose any of its Omega 3 Essential fatty acids when deep fried as the oil coats and seals the salmon quickly. The same goes for chicken. Chicken is high it protein, and when deep fried it retains more of its protein. Protein is essential in our diet, and deep frying is one of the cooking methods, which can help us to absorb more of this crucial nutrient.
2. Deep Fried Food – Tasty or Not
Some people say that deep fried food does not taste a lot. Well, they couldn’t be more wrong.
It all depends on how you prepare your food. If you just put a plain chicken breast in a deep fryer, it is not going to taste a lot. Try coating your chicken breast with some flour and some spices, and the result will be a delicious piece of chicken, ready in no time for your dinner.
A fresh piece of salmon coated in honey and mustard, and put in a deep fryer for about five minutes, will not only taste great but look amazing as well.
If you enjoy cooking from scratch, and focus on using quality ingredients, there is no reason why your deep fried foods should be both healthy and tasty.
Check out the 9 Best Deep Fryers on the market right now:
#1. Waring Commercial WDF75RC Countertop Compact Electric Deep Fryer, 8.5-Pound
- This countertop compact electric deep fryer features hinged heating element and removable stainless steel tank for easy cleaning
- This 8.5-pound capacity fryer includes 2, 1.5-pound steel wire baskets that have a 3-pound food capacity
- Additional baskets available (sold separately) : WDF05 – Small 1.5 pound steel wire basket and LFB10 – Large 3 pound steel wire basket
- It also features 30-minute timer and variable temperature control up to 390-degree Fahrenheit
- It has 208 volt AC, 15 ampere, 1800 watts power rating
- Approved by UL, NSF certification. Measures 11-inch height by 16-1/2-inch width by 12-1/4-inch depth
Pros: commercial grade at a reasonable price, the handles could be attached differently to make them easier to disassemble for cleaning, no messy lid or filters, comes with 2 baskets, very crisp, heats up fast and cooks fast, recommend it to anyone who wants to prepare perfect fried foods …
Cons: it takes up a lot of counter space in a home kitchen, wish they had a cover to use in between usage …
#2. Masterbuilt 23011114 Butterball Indoor Gen III Electric Fryer Cooker Extra Large Capacity
- The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer is a crowd favorite
- No one disputes the delicious flavor of a deep-fried turkey, but stories of house fires and near misses can discourage even the biggest fried turkey fan
- The Butterball Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer by Master built is so safe that it is certified to operate indoors, on your kitchen counter top to enjoy anytime
- The Butterball features a one-of-a-kind design that is engineered to keep you safe
- Not only does the stainless-steel fryer and porcelain-coated inner pot keep oil safely contained, but it also uses 33 percent less oil than conventional fryers
- As a result, you can cook turkeys as large as 14 pounds safely and efficiently, without the threat of oil boiling over the sides
- The XL edition can accommodate up to a 20 pound turkey
- The Butterball collection includes not only fryers but marinades and spices, along with cooking accessories for use in frying the best-tasting turkey you’ve ever eaten
Pros: super fast shipping, easy to use, large capacity deep fryer saves a lot of time cooking larger amounts of food, can stink up the area it is in if left open, the turkey was really nice and juicy, great taste, less oil is used and cooking time is really good, recommend this if your looking for a turkey fryer, highly recommend for the novice people of deep frying …
Cons: only draw back is the cord is too short …
#3. Cuisinairre Single 6 Liter Commercial Stainless Steel Deep Fryer, 6-Liter
- The “Cuisinairre” Deep Fat Fryer features commercial restaurant grade Brushed Stainless Steel construction
- A 1750 Watt immersion heating element, heavy duty stainless steel fryer basket
- Polished stainless steel lid cover and 6-Liter stainless steel cooking oil tank
- 6-Liters total oil capacity. Thermostat automatically maintains temperature from 140F to 392F (60C to 200C)
- Dial reads in Centigrade (60C to 200C). Conversion chart from Centigrade to Fahrenheit is included with directions
- Electrical cord plugs into common 2 prong plug with ground
- IMPORTANT: At highest temperature setting on a 110/115 Volt circuit, the commercial rated heating element pulls just less than 22 amps
Pros: good fryer for home use, good size basket, someone noticed the size is perfect to prepare enough food for 8 to 12 people, cooks well, has much more heating power than most units, recovers temp quickly, everything comes out crisp, breaks down very easily for cleaning, recommend this based on the price and functionality, recommend this frying for any small family …
Cons: the lid is very thin and cheap …
#4. T-fal FR8000 3.5-Liter Fry Basket Stainless Steel Immersion Deep Fryer
- Make restaurant-quality fried food at home—minus the hassle and mess—thanks to the Ultimate EZ Clean deep fryer by T-fal
- Designed for family-size dinners or hors d’oeuvres when entertaining, the deep fryer offers a 3.5-liter oil capacity and a 2.65-pound fresh food capacity
- Appetizers, main courses, or desserts—make the classics or let your creative inspirations soar
- The powerful 1700-watt fryer’s adjustable thermostat allows for selecting the perfect cooking temperature for the specific food to be fried, while its quick-recovery heating system ensures crispy layers with minimal oil absorption for healthier results
- When finished, the innovative machine’s exclusive oil-filtration system automatically drains and filters the remaining oil into a large plastic container below
- The removable, tightly sealed container conveniently stores the oil for future use, saving time and money.
- Other highlights include a two-position basket for cooking and draining food, a viewing window in the lid, cool-touch handles, a permanent odor filter to keep cooking odors out of the kitchen, and dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup
- With the T-fal Ultimate EZ Clean deep fryer, frying delicious food at home just got a whole lot easier
Pros: nice little fryer at a reasonable price, clean up is fast and easy, dishwasher friendly, love the oil filter feature, the oil heats up fast and holds its temp really well, you can drain the oil and it gets filtered, it works very well, the temperature settings are accurate, totally awesome little fryer for home use …
Cons: the lack of timer and the longer fry times …
#5. Emeril by T-fal FR702D 1.8-Liter Deep Fryer with Integrated Oil Filtration
- Automatically filters and drains oil into a re-sealable oil storage container
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Professional grade heating element gets the heat you need for crispier foods
- Hold up to 1.1 pound. of food (1.8 litre of oil). 1200 powerful watts of power
- Brushed stainless steel pot, lid and exterior
Pros: perfect for two people, easy to use and clean, love the integrated oil filtration system, someone thrilled with the automatic filtering for re-use of the oil, really saves on clean up & oil, it does not spatter, quietly fried, love having the thermostat to control the temperature …
Cons: wish it had the larger version, the ready light is hard to tell when it is on or off …
#6. DeLonghi D24527DZ Dual Zone 3-Pound-Capacity Deep Fryer
- Enjoy crispier and tastier food with the De’Longhi Dual Zone 3.0 lb Deep Fryer
- The extra large capacity makes feeding the entire family a snap
- You can avoid lingering odors with the unique dual zone technology, which provides a cool zone of oil to catch fallen pieces and prevents them from burning
- The patented easy clean draining system helps combat the dreaded messy oil cleanup afterwards; simply pull out the hose stored in the front of the fryer and drain the oil
- The permanent stainless steel filter, removable heating element and dishwasher safe parts will also help with the easy cleanup and odor protection
- If your kids like to help with the cooking you can feel safe using the fryer with them around because of the magnetic cord that easily detaches from the fryer if accidentally pulled
- For added safety, the patented condensation shield prevents oil from dripping onto the cord connection
- For perfectly fried food every time, use the precise digital timer and digital adjustable thermostat
- Other highlights include windowed lid and outer cool touch handle
Pros: nice metal finish, great for frying fish and hush puppies and fries, good size for hungry couple or small family, maintains temp well, heats fairly quickly, no splatter because of deep valley for grease, impressed with the drainage system on this fryer, clean up is phenomenal, recommend to anyone interested in a deep fryer …
Cons: it shuts off at each step in the process for safety reasons can be confusing, drain clogs up too easily …
#7. Waring Pro DF280 Professional Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless
- Need a quick way to prepare food for your family or for a special event?
- This three basket deep fryer allows you to cook up three different snacks all at once in this 1 gallon 3 basket deep fryer
- Removable 1800-watt immersion style heating element
- One gallon removable stainless steel oil container with pouring spout
- One large and two small heavy mesh baskets with cool-touch collapsible handles
- 60-minute digital timer and temperature control; lid with viewing window
- Brushed stainless steel; 2.3 lb. food capacity
Pros: great little fryer, doesn’t take up too much space, big enough for making food for the whole family in a short amount of time, heats up quickly, temp stays stabilized, different size baskets and removable fryer pan make it real easy to clean, love the digital screen, the multiple basket sizes are handy, magnetically attached cord is a nice safety feature, sleek commercial design but truly for home use …
Cons: no oil drainage system, basket is difficult to clean in the small openings near the frame …
#8. Presto 05466 Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Fry Immersion Element Deep Fryer
- Professional-style deep fryer with dual baskets
- Offers great restaurant taste in a convenient at-home size
- Big 12-cup food capacity for frying family-size quantities in a hurry
- Oblong-shaped baskets are ideal for large pieces of chicken or fish
- 1800-watt immersion element provides quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery
- Adjustable thermostat for easy selection of a variety of frying temperatures
- Signal light lets you know when the oil is ready for frying
- Cover with charcoal air filter helps reduce spattering and odor
- Heating element and enameled pot are removable for easy cleaning
- The maximum amount of oil for this fryer is 5 quarts and the minimum amount is 3½ quarts
Pros: one of the best fryers available for the money, the price was right, it’s a cheap fryer, love the double baskets, heats quickly and cooks the food evenly, crispy delicious food in minutes, no greasy taste in food, easy to clean afterwards, save you a lot of cleaning, recommend to anyone enjoy deep-fat fryers …
Cons: a little too lightweight (and flimsy), the temperature only goes up to 375 …
#9. Secura 4.2L/17-Cup 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple-Basket Electric Deep Fryer
- Secura Deep Fryer with 3 baskets and 4.2L capacity is perfect for a whole family or friends gathering together
- 4L capacity; Splatter-protecting lid; Magnetic safety plug; Removable oil tank
- Automatic timer adjustable up to 60 min to shut down heating element
- Ready light; Stainless steel body; Viewing Window allows you to see cooking process
- Filter Carbon activated filter reduces odors
- Basket Handle Easily attaches to wire basket to lower food into the fryer and to also lift out cooked food
- 3 cooking baskets can be hung on the edge of the deep fryer for food preparation before lowering into the oil
- Control box assembly & heating element is attached to each other, when lifting out the control box, the heating element will come out also; 1700W
- Product dimension 10″x14.5″x15″; ETL listed
Pros: great price, fast shipping, meets expectations for a basic deep fryer, love the 2 baskets, large enough to handle good size portions of food, its great for cooking outdoors on the deck, heats up the oil fast and easy to clean, the taste and quality of the food is excellent, recommend this deep fryer to anyone that is searching for a home cooker …
Cons: the power cord attaches magnetically …