The inconspicuous tea kettle! Mundane, definitely so, but which household worth its salt can do with out it? Who doesn’t like to start their day with a steaming hot cuppa of tea? And who wouldn’t want that tea to be ready in a jiffy?
If you are a time management freak and prefer to spend your time on more meaningful activities than dawdling around in the kitchen, then there is no way you should settle for less than a state-of-the-art, electric kettle!
The Smart Choice
Just as you would put a lot of thought and consideration into buying any other piece of household equipment, so also should be the case with choosing the modest Tea Kettle. Though every home must have had a stove-top kettle at some point or the other, buying an electrical version, is a smarter choice. Electrical kettles reach their boiling point faster; they are more energy efficient and leave more burners available for you if you happen to be cooking. And while you are at it, why not splurge on a sophisticated, cordless electric kettle?
What Do I Look For While Buying An Electric Tea Kettle?
There are several features that you might want to consider before making your final choice. Listed here are some factors to consider when finding the best electric tea kettle:
- Pick a capacity that suits your requirement. You might think that all you need is a small kettle. However, it would be a good idea to pick one that holds a little more than just two cups of water.
- Look for one that has a clearly visible level indicator.
- Auto shut-off functionality is a basic convenience feature.
- Buy a kettle that has a cool-touch exterior.
- It’s safer if you have children around the house.
- Make an effort to look for a drip-less spout and avoid those water rims on your table surface.
- A stainless steel model is it more durable than plastic or glass. However, glass or plastic may have more of aesthetic appeal.
- A non-slip handle is an add-on that can prove to be very convenient.
- If you are picky about aesthetics, then don’t forget to look for one that matches the other appliances in your kitchen. After all, what’s life without a little indulgence!
Which Color Do I Settle For?
If you are of a creative bent of mind and very particular about color-coordinating every corner of your home then surely, the next question that will probably pop into your head is whether settling for an industrial-looking stainless steel finish or the usual plastic colors the only options you are left with. This becomes a very relevant concern, especially if you happen to have a kitchen that reflects your colorful personality.
Well, there is still hope for those never-say-die, color fans. Enamel-coated, stainless steel kettles are now available in almost every color of the rainbow. And so, if passion is your color, then a red electric kettle is not something that you just have to dream about.
All in all, make a wise choice. Whatever your style, don’t compromise on quality. After all, that unassuming electric tea kettle is going to be a definite value-add to your home!
Check out the 9 Best Electric Kettles on the market right now:
#1. Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
- Equipped with 1500 watts of power for fast heating, this electric kettle brings up to 1-2/3 liters of water to a rolling boil in a matter of minutes
- Better than that, it offers six different preset heat settings, which allows for steeping tea at just the right temperature depending on the variety
- Using the simple one-touch controls on the kettle’s handle
- Select 160 degrees F for delicate teas, 175 degrees F for green tea, 185 degrees F for white tea
- 190 degrees F for oolong tea, 200 degrees F for French press coffee
- “Boil” for black tea or to make instant cocoa, oatmeal, noodles, and more
Pros: great electric tea pot, very high quality, looks handsome and has a small counter footprint, it holds a lot of water, gives different temps for a variety of tea requirements, heats up quickly, perfect for your coffee pour-overs, tea making is a breeze, love the look with the blue light …
Cons: the kettle gets hot, wish it had an automatic shut off …
#2. KitchenAid KEK1722ER 1.7-Liter Electric Kettle with LED Display
- This Electric Kettle is built for speed
- It quietly boils water in minutes
- The variable temperature control allows you to select the exact temperature you desire to help you achieve optimal results
- 1.7 liter Capacity with the option to heat a minimum of 250 milliliter of water
- Variable temperature settings adjust from 122 degree Fahrenheit to 212 degree Fahrenheit
- 30 Minute Hold Temp Function maintains the temperature while on the base
- Lid Release Button to easily fill the kettle with water
- Soft Grip Handle Designed for maximum comfort and performance
- Streamlined Design Enhances your kitchen’s decor with timeless elegance
- Removable Base 360 degree rotation for easy transfer of the kettle
Pros: fast delivery, solid build, nice quality, excellent design and functionality, works great, pretty accurate, good temperature control and fast to boil, heats 2 1/2 -3 cups of water in under 2 minutes, except for the beeps it is excellent, love the auto shut off …
Cons: little pricey, it beeps a lot, needs batteries to hold the Fahrenheit setting…
#3. Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric Kettle
- The Breville BKE595XL Crystal Clear Electric Kettle ensures a more pure boil using the natural purity of glass
- German Schott Glass
- Soft opening lid slowly releases steam and prevents splashing
- Ergonomic handle with lid release button
- BPA Free – all parts in contact with water
- Safety Auto Shut-Off and Boil Dry Protection
Pros: very nice look as well for the kitchen, terrific small appliance, large capacity, easy to clean, very attractive, sturdy and reliable, no lingering factory flavors, fun to watch when it comes to a boil, heats the water really fast …
Cons: it’s pretty heavy, handle should be more comfy for ladies hands, the glass get hot while the water is boiling …
#4. Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- The Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric Kettle is a 1.0 liter capacity stainless steel kettle with many unique features
- Users can select from six present temperatures or can set their own temperature from 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) and up
- The 1000 watt heater boils water quickly and will hold the set temperature for up to one hour
- The kettle has a unique spout that allows for a very controlled water pour that is needed for manual brewing of coffee and great for tea steeping as well
- Their kettles have been used by World and US Champion Baristas based on its build quality and pour control
Pros: a must have for the glass coffee maker, slow coffee lover rejoice, fast, accurate, looks lovely on your counter, does not take up a lot of space, heats water to the exact temperature, keeps temperature there for up to an hour, customizable temperature presets makes it easy to switch between teas …
Cons: would be better if it comes in 2 liter size …
#5. Chefman RJ11-17-GP Precision Electric Kettle
- The Chefman Cordless Precision Electric Kettle allows tea lovers to call all the shots!
- Precision temperature control ensures each variety of tea can steep at the proper temperature, or remove the stainless tea infuser and use as a traditional electric kettle to boil water quicker than microwave or stovetop methods
- Other features include automatic shut off, boil dry protection and a 360 degree swivel base that allows the kettle to be removed from the base for easy pouring right or left handed
Pros: great variable temperature kettle, it is lovely, high quality kettle and works really fast, well made, holds a generous about of water, blue light is so nice, love the temperature settings for different teas, boils quickly …
Cons: the beep is loud and sharp …
#6. Precise HeatTM 1.5 Liter Electric Wtr Kettle
- Put the kettle on for a cup of tea, and in 90 seconds you’ll have 8 ounces of boiling water suitable for coffee, tea, or instant soup
- The Precise Heat High-Quality, Heavy-Gauge Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle is faster than instant
- Kettle has a 1.6 quart (1.5 liter) capacity, more than enough for a round of family hot chocolate or tea in the afternoon for the bridge club
- The Precise Heat Electric Tea Kettle features a mirror finish, phenolic handle, concealed heating element, removable base with power cord storage, and boil-dry protection
- Measures 9-1/2″ x 6-3/8″ x 10″ including base
- UL certification. Limited 5 year warranty
Pros: perfect for the price, best plastic-free kettle on the market, looks sleek, quiet and also looks good, no water and plastic contact, no smell, all metal parts touching the water, gets a cup of water boiling in 90 seconds …
Cons: no issues but the chord is a bit short …
#7. EPICA 1.75 Quart Cordless Electric Stainless Steel Kettle
- Boiling water for your tea, coffee or instant soup is now more convenient and safer than ever
- With the Bellemain Cordless Kettle, there’s less waiting around, and no worries about a dangling cord, overheating, boiling dry or accidental spills
- 1500 Watts of Power for Rapid Boil: Faster than a stovetop kettle or the microwave, the Bellemain heats water in just 2 minutes!
- Kettle Lifts Off the Corded Base for Safe, Easy Use: Putting water in and pouring it out are so much easier when there’s no cord to get in your way, or get wet and possibly give you an electrical shock.
- Auto Shutoff When Water Reaches Boiling Point: This built-in safety feature ensures that the Bellemain will never overheat or boil over, which could damage the kettle or create a fire hazard
- The Bellemain will also shut off automatically when the water level gets too low, to prevent boiling dry
- Power On Light and Locking Lid for Safety: With many kettles, you can’t tell if they’re hot except by touching them (ouch!). When the Bellemain’s power light is on, you’ll know just by looking
- The locking lid is another great safety feature: it prevents accidental spills while you’re pouring
- Water Level Gauge: A clear plastic panel in the handle tells you when there’s danger of overflowing or boiling dry
- Adjustable Length Cord Stores in the Base: For safe, convenient storage, the cord wraps inside the base
- When you’re ready to plug it in, pull out just the length you need
- The Bellemain is made of durable, brushed stainless steel for dependable quality and service
Pros: good value for the price, perfect size, not to big or bulky, adjustable cord, styling and efficient, loving shape and color, mostly stainless, easy to pour, fast boiling a pot of water, no muss no fuss, it is a time saver …
Cons: the stainless steel is thin, wish the water level gauge was a bit easier to read …
#8. Melitta 40994 1.7-Liter Kettle
- The Melitta 1.7 liter kettle is made with a premium stainless steel finish and push button lid that opens gently
- It’s cord free and has a concealed element for easy, drip free pouring
- You can feel safe knowing that there’s an aoutomatic shutoff with boil-dry protection and an easy cord wind
Pros: reasonably priced, pretty light weight, stylish and easy to use, easy to handle, boils water quickly, didn’t notice any plasticky odor, no plastic taste, BPA Free, love that it shuts off automatically once the water is boiling …
Cons: it’s short cord …
#9. Aroma Hot H20 X-Press 1.5 Liter (6-Cup) Cordless Electric Water Kettle
- The Hot H20 X-Press from Aroma provides boiling water in a matter of minutes
- The 1-1/2-liter capacity is ideal for a variety of uses–hot tea, soups, instant coffees, oatmeal, hot chocolate, noodles, baby formula and more
- Once water reaches a boil, the kettle will automatically shut off and lifts off its base for easy, cord-free pouring
- The beautiful polished stainless steel finish looks great whether serving or simply sitting on the counter
Pros: great little time saver, the stand is convenient and appears to be quite safe, it reaches boiling temperature quickly, excellent for coffee and tea, not many bells or whistles, auto shut-off is a really good feature …
Cons: a small plastic ring on the inside of the kettle that comes in contact with the water …