Are you fond of smoked food? Does the smell of smoked meat water your mouth and spark your appetite? Then don’t let your appetite be spoiled just because of the mess associated with traditional smoking of food. With a wide variety of electric food smokers available today in the market, smoking your favorite food has become much easier and your taste buds have to wait lesser for the delicious meat to be perfectly smoked. Moreover, the food smoked in most of the best barbecue smokers taste like heaven.
However, where the mess of smoking the food has been reduced by electric smokers, choosing the best electric smoker itself has become very messy especially when there is a huge range of food smokers to choose from. But luckily, you don’t need to worry; the electric meat smoker that suits your needs the best is out there.
Types of Electric Smokers
Before you can decide which company’s electric smoker to buy, it’s important to first decide the type of electric smoker you would prefer. So let’s move on with our first step and get ourselves acquainted with the types of electric smokers available in the market.
1. Vertical Water Electric Smokers
This type of electric smokers is preferable if you are looking for an economical choice. However, although they are more affordable smokers, but these vertical water electric smokers have a disadvantage that they work at their best only in warm weather. When it’s cold, they cannot maintain their core temperature. It means that if you are going to smoke food in warm weather most of the time, then this type of electric smoker would work well for you. However, if you are going to use them in cold weather very often, they may not suit you the best.
2. Electric Cabinet Smokers
These electric smokers which look very much like a small refrigerator have an added advantage of a temperature gauge which gives you a liberty to control the core temperature and maintain it at your desired level. In short they give you more control of entire smoking process as compared to the vertical electric smokers. However, if you prefer a more automated smoking of food and do not want to control the temperature every now and then, you may prefer the vertical water electric smokers instead. Though these smokers are a bit costly as compared to the vertical electric smokers, but they ensure that your meat is smoked well to the best of its taste using your own, preferred temperature settings.
Advantages of Using an Electric Smoker
Although traditional smoking does have a great charm but at the same time it has lots of disadvantages associated with it. Electric smokers rid you of most of the mess associated with traditional smoking and that too without depriving your taste buds of that delicious, perfectly smoked meat. Let us have a look at why these smokers sell like hot cakes:
- If you are a kind of person who values convenience, electric smokers would perfectly serve the purpose. Convenience is the biggest plus point of these meat smokers. They let you cook smoked meat without demanding much expertise as is needed for traditional smoking. Just put in the meat and forget about it until it is perfectly smoked and ready to eat. They work more like microwave ovens when it comes to convenience.
- With electronic smokers, food smoking is not a full time job anymore. You don’t have to stand by for hours. You are free to take care of other home chores while your meat is being smoked.
- Another great advantage associated with electronic food smokers is the time factor. They smoke your food in a much lesser time period than the traditional smoking.
- The temperature control gauge with most electric smokers today lets you smoke the food at your desired temperature which means you can use them to cook anything from barbecue to cheese and fish. From intense smoking to lightly smoked food, these electric smokers give you the liberty to cook anything and everything to the extent you want.
- While electric smokers give you more convenience, saves much of your precious time and allows you to perform other duties alongside, they don’t do so at the cost of taste. Your smoked food tastes as good as it would in traditional smoking. So, there is no compromise on taste at all.
When it comes to selecting the best electric smoker, the definition of best would vary from person to person e.g. for some, thermostat would be a must as it gives them more control while for others, this very same feature would be nothing but a mess as they would prefer a smoker in which they put the food and forget about it until it is perfectly smoked. For some, a bigger size food smoker would be suitable while for others, moderate size smoker which is more portable would do the task. So what is the best electric smoker? What’s best for you simply depends on your own preferences. We have given you a thorough description of the best food smokers which are popular among users, irrespective of the stars each product gets, choose the one that serves your needs the best. With the uncountable brands of electric smokers for sale today in the market, we hope that this article was helpful in letting you narrow down your choices and finally getting you to the best electric smoker to buy, which actually is the best for YOU. Happy buying! Enjoy the deliciously smoked, appetite sparking food cooked with perfect convenience.
Check out the 8 Best Electric Smokers on the market right now:
1. Masterbuilt 20077615 Digital Electric Smoker with Window, 30″
2. Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker
3. Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker
4. Smokintex 1100 Pro Series Electric Smoker
5. Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Top Controller
6. Smoke Hollow 30162E Electric Smoker
7. Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker