Are you among those people who have passion for cooking? Are you always excited to cook for your family? Are you a very busy individual? If your answers to these questions are yes, then you should know that you need to have a reliable toaster oven at home. As highly cognizable, toaster ovens are as dependable as the full ovens.
Toaster ovens are perfect for both home buddies and people on the go. If you’ve made up your mind and you’ve decided to search for a toaster oven that you can use in the kitchen anytime you want to, check out the buying guide below. These tips and tricks are based majority on the guidelines shared by trustworthy toaster oven reviews.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Toaster Oven for your Fabulous Kitchen
Jotted below are some of the factors that you might want to consider prior to your quest for the best toaster oven that can complement both your kitchen and your cooking needs:
1. The Size
If you are certain that you have enough space for a large toaster oven, then have one. After all, you can create lots of luscious recipes through such toaster oven. From large pizzas to roasted large sized chicken, you name it. In order for you to have the perfect view of your future toaster oven’s size, you also have to ascertain that kinds of meals that you want to cook with it.
2. The Safety
No matter what kind of appliance you are going to buy, there is no doubt that among the priorities is the safety. Check out for toaster ovens that comes along with rack which extends outward every time the door opens. Such toaster ovens can avoid accidents, like accidentally burning the hand when taking off the meal from the rack. Search for toaster ovens whereby the door opens up wide enough, allowing the user to take out the food safely.
3. The Efficiency
Toaster ovens in the market are not the same when it comes to energy efficiency. It is because there are some models, particularly the low quality and too cheap ones don’t insulate properly. Those with poor insulation have the possibility to have more immense heat loss via the cracks, door, and the walls than those that have high quality construction and well-insulated.
4. The Convection
There are toaster ovens that feature convection capabilities, while some don’t. Those models that possess such feature have built-in fan, which is the one that disseminates the hot air that’s within the oven around the meal being cooked.
5. Additional features
Other than the typical features of toaster oven, as emphasized by toaster oven reviews, consumers should as well pay attention to those models that offer additional perks. Among the bonus features that you should check out are, but not limited to:
Whether digital or manual, what is important is that you will choose a toaster oven that has reliable and easy to comprehend controls. Suffice to say, when it comes to this aspect, it is really a matter of personal preference and convenience.
The wattage of toaster ovens is a little bit different than those of the microwave ovens. This doesn’t affect the time allotted for cooking; it applies to efficiency. If you’re budget conscious when it comes to the energy consumption, then get one with lower wattage. If this is not a big concern to you, you may prefer a high end toaster oven that features multiple digital controls as well as cooking options or a model that can perform intricate processes.
8. Non-Stick Interior and Tray
Many toaster ovens in the market today utilize non-stick tray to facilitate easy clean up and maintenance.
9. Alert Sound and Auto shut-Off
It is easy to spot a toaster oven that features a timer and that automatically turns off after the cooking. However, if you won’t take out the food from the oven immediately, it will continue to cook. Thus, other than the 2 mentioned features, you should also look for an oven that has an alert sound to avoid overcooking.
Benefits of owning a Toaster Oven
Among the best perks of having a toaster oven at home is that you’re able to prepare various meals and you can even do it by batches. For instance, you can bake small batches of muffins, cookies and even individual cakes. Toaster ovens utilize less amount of electricity compared to full sized ovens.
These are also perfect for those home cooks who have limited amount of space in the kitchen. Last but not least, toaster ovens are indeed very versatile. From toasting, browning, reheating, broiling, baking, warming and of course, roasting, toaster oven can handle it.
Why You Should Buy This Product?
This is among the best investments that you can have at home. Through a toaster oven, you are able to explore and enhance your culinary skills. Also, you can save time from cooking especially if you’re a busy as a bee person.
Check out the 9 Best Toaster Ovens on the market right now:
#1. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- Every Breville product begins with a simple moment of brilliance
- The Breville Smart Oven began with the simple fact that different foods require different methods of heating: some, like baked goods, need to be cooked evenly; others, like meats, need to be seared on top
- Most toaster ovens fail to distribute heat in a consistent way throughout their interiors, let alone change heat distribution to suit the different foods being prepared
- This is how the Breville Smart Oven stands apart: whatever the food, it adjusts its heat distribution for perfect results
Pros: the smart Breville oven, not too big or too small, good size to fit most pans, very functional, a must have for a small kitchen, makes a wonderful Pizza, great for baking potatoes and making toast, best for fast pre-heating, easy to clean, the electric plug has a wonderful grip on it, recommend for anyone who doesn’t want to be firing up their big oven to do a small job …
Cons: it is expensive, wish had a light in it …
#2. Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler
- Today’s busy lifestyle have made the multifunctional countertop oven more popular than ever
- This Cuisinart Toast Oven Broiler features state-of-the-art electronic touchpad controls and a stainless steel bar handle and side grips to give it a popular commercial look
- Four versatile cooking options and an extra-large capacity are great for everyday cooking, and make it a convenient second oven for side dishes and desserts
- From diner for two to a diner party, Cuisinart is ready to serve!
Pros: nice portable oven, beautiful stainless, easy to use, easy to clean, full size plate fits for warming, shelf adjusts for different kinds of cooking, it does a better job than big oven, it heats up in a flash, cooks large sizes like full size pizzas with ease, broiler works well, convection oven is super fast, allows you to bake without heating up the oven, nicely browned toast with standard default settings …
Cons: not large enough for a big family, wish it had an internal light, wish the oven would turn itself off when the timer alert sounds …
#3. Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
- Panasonic “FlashXpress” Technology Toaster Oven featuring 1300Watt double “Infrared Light” for cooking up to 40% faster than conventional toaster ovens
- Instant heat eliminates preheating, 6 cooking menus with illustrated preset buttons
- Automatically calculates the cooking time for a variety of foods: Bread (Toast, Waffles, Bagels), Frozen Food (Pizza, Hash Browns) and Reheat (Rolls, Breads, Leftovers)
- Digital Timer (up to 25 minutes and Temperature Settings (250 Degree F to 500 Degree F)
- Square Shaped Inner Tray which is perfect for pizza up to 9″ in diameter of 4 slices of bread
- Removable Crumb Tray for easy cleaning, Reminder Beep lets you know when food is done
- Interior Light allows you to view your food while cooking
- Measures 10 1/4″ (H) x 13″ (W) x 12″ (D), 7.5 lbs.
Pros: great little toaster oven for the price, small footprint, the light inside is very very bright, love the controls and the timer, it heats rapidly, cooks fast and efficiently, very useful for variety of food, has ample interior space, the pre-programmed functions all seem to perform accurately, recommended to anyone are looking for a compact unit that performs a lot of functions …
Cons: the cord is on the side not the back, it doesn’t automatically turn off …
#4. Oster TSSTTVXLDG Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven
- A useful addition to any busy kitchen, Oster’s TSSTTVXLDG extra-large digital toaster oven
- Beautifully housed in brushed stainless steel
- Takes countertop cooking to a whole new level
- The toaster oven works well as a second oven or as an energy-efficient alternative to turning on the full-size oven, though no need to think small thanks to its extra-large interior
- The oven provides a removable baking pan and broil rack for baking, broiling and grilling, as well as two removable wire racks that slide neatly into place
- Digital controls keep things simple for both the novice and experienced home chef alike
- Thoughtfully constructed, the extra-large digital toaster oven sports a large, fully transparent, glass door that makes it possible to keep an eye on cooking food without letting heat escape by having to open the door
Pros: shipping and cost was fantastic, perfect for smaller vacation rentals with little overhead ventilation, it does a fine job of baking and roasting, large enough to cook a small turkey, can even cook a 16″ pizza and no problem, pre-heat time is wonderful, recommend this extra large oven toaster to everyone that cooks at all …
Cons: it’s big so make sure to measure your space, the exterior gets really hot, no light …
#5. Hamilton Beach 31230 Set & Forget Toaster Oven
- Serve perfectly cooked meat every time with built-in probe
- Fast & even convection cooking
- Temperature probe cooks meat to saf food temperatures without overcooking
- Cooks food the traditional way when probe or convection settings are not needed
- Can Shift to warm when time or temperature is reached in any mode
- Digital touchpad, Easy-clean nonstick interior
- Includes bake pan, broil rack & slide-out crumb tray
- Covered storage area for probe
- Fits six toast slices, a 12 inch pizza or a 7lb. chicken
Pros: good toaster oven at a good price, size not too big not too small, the controls are nice and easy to use, the oven also has a built in thermometer which is handy, it toasts quickly, fits a nice sized chicken and roast easily, the top makes a very good plate warmer, lots of choices for baking, heats up nicely, nice even cooking …
Cons: there is no clock, a little slow to preheat …
#6. Waring Pro TCO650 Digital Convection Oven
- Why turn on the big oven? With this big 0.6 cubic foot, 1500-watt Waring Pro Professional Toaster Oven, you can bake, convection bake, broil, toast – even cook a pizza – right on the countertop
- Easy-to-use and even easier-to-clean touchpad controls sit just below an LCD display that gives you a clear view of temperatures and the 60-minute digital timer
- Comes with an oven rack, baking pan and easy-to-empty crumb tray
- Countertop cooking is smart, energy efficient, and always in style with Waring Pro!
Pros: shortest length for 12inch toaster, great toaster oven with non toxic interior, touch-pad controls, digital 60-minute timer with LCD display, can hold 6 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza, makes the perfect tortilla pizza, you can disable the beep …
Cons: only comes with one rack …
#7. MaxiMatic ERO-2008S Elite Cuisine 6-Slice Toaster Oven
- The Elite Cuisine 8-Multifunction Countertop Toaster Oven Broiler is the perfect All-In-One Kitchen Appliance
- A great addition to any kitchen, it can broil, bake, toast, keep warm and has a rotisserie function
- There is even an oven-top nonstick grill, griddle, & steamer with a high-top dome lid to use while cooking in the oven!
- Its large 23L/6 slice/0.8cuft capacity cooks meals big enough for the whole family and can even bake up to a 12″ pizza!
- With this many functions in a toaster oven, it was built to make cooking in the kitchen easy and convenient
- With interior dimensions of 11.75″ x 8.75″ x 12″ the extra large capacity of this toaster oven is perfect for your big holiday get-togethers or neighborhood parties
- Consistent heating up to 450°F and 1500 Watts of power make this Countertop Toaster Oven Broiler the ultimate powerhouse!
Pros: for the price this is a very nice small toaster oven, good for outdoor cooking, compact and full of options, great small kitchen appliance that helps cooking take less time and effort, it takes up very little room on the shelf, top is great for keeping things warm, it gets very hot quickly …
Cons: the rack does not slide in and out easily …
#8. Black & Decker CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven
- Convection cooking in a stainless steel design with an extra-large digital display combines exceptional performance and style
- The one-touch preset functions are convenient and easy-to-use
- Oven is large enough to fit a 12-inch pizza or casserole dish
- With a convection cooking feature, this handy oven circulates hot air when baking for faster and more even results
- Convection bake, broil, toast or keep your foods warm, plus the 120-minute timer automatically shuts oven off as signal bell lets you know cooking is complete
- An included baking pan maximizes convenience and the removable crumb tray makes cleanup a breeze
Pros: great oven for a small household, perfect for a single person or couple, very nice looking, easy to use, very functional, the display shows the temperature and time remaining, fits a medium size pizza, versatile of baking or toasting …
Cons: wish the LCD was back-lit, cord could use to be a little longer …
#9. Secura Turbo Oven Countertop Convection Cooking Toaster Oven 787MH
- Secura turbo oven uses infrared heating and convection fan to cook food fast and evenly
- No need to thaw frozen meat, no need to add oil, saves energy than traditional oven and cooks healthy food in half the time
- The oven can broil, roast, bake, grill, barbecue, fry, steam
- Manual dial switches Power, timer indicator lights
- Easy to operate: Just select and set both time and temperature
- Close to microwave speed with oven quality
- Thaws out frozen foods in minutes
- Self cleaning. Seals your foods natural juices
- Cooks an entire meal at one time without blending of flavors
- Low fat cooking allows you to cook without excess fat or oil
- Power saving device. Weight: 15.2 lbs Rating: 1,300W Capacity: 12L
Pros: wonderful unit at great price, conveniently sized for small counter-top, recipes are more of a guide than a way to cook in the oven, cooks food nicely, cooks a whole chicken quickly, great for toasting bread, easy to clean racks and pans, no oven cleaner needed just soap and water and wipe dry, highly recommended this new cooking system …
Cons: some large and bulky …