Before making your purchase please consider the following features. Look for a heavy duty PVC bladder for strength of the product. It should have strong and durable double stitched nylon cover. Make sure it is constructed with a high density or thickness denier PVC fabric. For convenience sake it should have a Boston valve so that the owner can inflate and deflate the tube easily and quickly.
For your safety and comfort it should sport the foam or padded handles with neoprene knuckle guards. It should say style with a bright color or cool graphics all over it. Again, for safety reasons it should be equipped with pull straps to get on it easier and have a low profile. You should be able to change positions from kneeling to sitting to lying down just to keep the thrill going.
Things to Consider When Buying a Towable Tube
Always read the operating manual before boarding the towable tube. You want to be safe with any water sport in which you participate. Before your board your tube each time, inspect it for any unusual abnormalities.
If you will be the only rider then you will need to purchase on solo or one rider tube. However, even if you are single it would be nice to have a spot on your tube to bring a friend with you for a day of wet fun in the water.
Of course the prices will vary according to the type and size. You can purchase one for a solo rider for just a little under one hundred dollars. The price can certainly run into the five hundred or more mark. It really depends on the varying factors.
If you are considering purchasing a tube as a gift for a friend or family member keep a budget in mind and stick to it. Keep in mind the age of the person you are gifting this to as well.
They can be a lot of fun for anyone who likes spending time in the water. If you are buying the towable tube as a family fun toy, spend your budget and maybe more on the quality of the product. Pay attention to name brands and perhaps read up on the customer reviews of these particular products.
Check out the 10 Best Towable Tubes on the market right now:
1. SPORTSSTUFF 53-1750 Poparazzi Towable
- It has a unique, high winged shape with rocker bottom that allows you to carve into the wake and glide across the water’s surface with minimal drag
- With a turn of the boat, inside riders will teeter deep into the wake while the other riders will rise high above it!
- Multiple EVA foam body pads allow riders to comfortably perform every riding position imaginable
- The unique High Rise Tower equipped with multiple double webbing foam handles with knuckle guards allow standing or kneeling on the back deck
- The aluminum Quick Connect tow point will get you started in a flash and Speed Safety Valves allow the quickest inflation and deflation possible
- Stand, sit, kneel, steer, lay, balance and freestyle on this amazing ride!
- Size: 1-3 rider, 72 in. x 68 in. (deflated) 77 in. x 80 in. (inflated)
2. SPORTSSTUFF 53-1780 Chariot Warbird 2 Towable
- The wide wingspans allow you to challenge even the toughest wake, while remaining one of the most stable rides on the water
- Their high backrests with EVA foam seating pads and multiple double webbing foam handles with knuckle guards will keep you in place around every whip and turn
- By simply switching the innovative dual tow points the Chariot Warbirds can be towed in the opposite direction, transforming them into a completely different ride
- Inflating, deflating and hook-ups couldn’t be faster with Speed Safety Valves and the aluminum Quick Connect
- When you are not tubing, it also functions as a deluxe floating lounge so you can kick your feet out and relax
- Whether you are in the mood for action or relaxation, these one-of-a-kind towables have you covered!
- 1-2 rider, 80 in. x 96 in. (deflated) 78 in. x 90 in. (inflated)
- Limited 1-year warranty
3. SPORTSSTUFF 53-2223 Super Mable Towable
- The new and improved classic SUPER MABLE will continue to impress you with a variety of different riding options
- Featuring dual tow points, you can go for a wild ride utilizing the comfy backrest or tow them the opposite direction for a chariot style blast you’ll never forget
- All three sizes come equipped with comfy EVA foam seating pads
- A multitude of double webbing foam handles with knuckle guards enable lots of different riding positions
- The addition of air cushioned side walls will keep you on board while the redesigned backrest and new custom graphics make this uniquely shaped dressed to impress
- The patented Speed Safety Valve and aluminum Quick Connect tow point will save you time
- It features a heavy-duty K80 PVC bladder and double stitched full nylon cover with self bailing drain vents
- They also make the perfect deluxe lounge at any pool, beach, lake, or river
- 1-3 rider, 79 in. x 78 in. (deflated) 75 in. x 73 in. (inflated)
4. SPORTSSTUFF 53-1620 BANDWAGON 2+2 Towable
- It features a dragless nose design for effortless towing that eliminates nose diving at startup
- The innovative seating arrangement allows you to sit forward, backward, kneeling, or lying down for the style of ride you’re craving
- It feature state-of-the-art high-back recumbent mesh seating, EVA foam floor pads, and foam seat bumpers to keep you in place
- The heavy-duty full nylon cover is equipped with a multitude of double webbing foam handles with knuckle guards
- Speed Safety Valves make inflation and deflation as simple as possible
- The patented aluminum Quick Connect tow system will get you on the water fast!
- 1-4 rider, 120 in. x 73 in. (deflated) 118 in. x 70 in. (inflated)
5. Airhead AHHX-2 Hexsanity 2 Person Towable Tube
- The shape provides a wild ride, yet it’s very stable and comfortable
- With the Dual Tow Points, attach your tow rope to the front Kwik-Connect with 1 or 2 riders sitting down, enjoying unparalleled support from the wrap-around backrests
- Hook the tow rope to the rear Kwik-Connect to ride in a sportier kneeling position
- When the tubing action is over and it’s time to chill, lounge comfortably on HEXSANITY, it’s as comfortable as your living room couch
- Be sure to bring a drinks! It has 2 molded drink holders in the center
- Four foam filled tubular nylon handles with neoprene knuckle guards provide firm and comfortable hand holds
- Two patented Speed Safety Valves provide provide the ultimate in inflation and deflation convenience
- It has a tough 30-gauge PVC bladder, fully covered with an 840-denier double-stitched nylon cover
- It measures 85 x 77-Inch (deflated) and is equipped with two heavy-duty Kwik-Connect for easy and secure hook-ups
6. AIRHEAD AHSSL-4 Mega Slice Towable
- It is the colossal 100 inch diameter (deflated size) the industry standard in deck-tubes
- The exclusive tapered profile, thick at the front and thin at the back, enhances your tubing experience
- The thicker front allows a more natural and comfortable rider position and prevents submarining
- It’s super easy to climb onto MEGA-SLICE from the water because it’s thin at the back and has 5 boarding straps to grab onto
- The 8 deluxe handles with neoprene knuckle guards provide a great grip for 1, 2, 3 or 4 riders
- An Indy Cap covers the Boston valve
- Connect MEGA-SLICE to an AIRHEAD-Tube-Anchor and you have an instant swim platform!
7. AIRHEAD AHM2-2 Mach 2 Towable
- MACH 2 is their budget minded 2 rider cockpit-towable
- We recommend cockpit-tubes for timid and young riders, since they feel very secure inside
- MACH 2 also has a wild side, making teens and adults happy too
- The inflated floors provide a comfortable seat
- Four deluxe handles with neoprene knuckle guards provide a secure and comfortable grip
- The heavy gauge PVC bladder and durable double-stitched nylon cover ensure years of service
- Equipped with a patented Speed Safety Valve for easy inflating and deflating
- Deflated dimensions are 69-Inch x 69-Inch
8. SPORTSSTUFF 53-1661 Frequent Flyer Towable
- Equipped with two large EVA Foam body pads to protect your knees and elbows
- Multiple double webbing foam handles with knuckle guards enable various riding positions
- Patented aluminum Quick Connect tow points come standard so attaching and detaching your tow rope is fast and easy to maximize your time on the water
- Featuring a simple one chamber design with Speed Safety Valve, you’ll have your tube inflated in no time
- If that wasn’t enough, stylish custom graphics on the top and bottom of the heavy-duty full nylon covers will get you noticed on the water
- The self bailing drain vents will keep you sailing with unbelievable speed and grace!
- 1-3 rider, 80 in. (deflated) 73 in. (inflated)
9. O’Brien Trickster 3 Inflatable Towable Tube
- Treat your friends and family to some high-speed fun on the lake with the Trickster 3 from O’Brien
- Its laydown-style design allows up to three riders to lay flat and ride headfirst, which pretty much guarantees they’ll be smiling from ear to ear the entire time
- The Trickster 3 is built for many seasons of fun, featuring a tough 30/24 gauge PVC bladder covered with a strong and durable 420D/840D nylon cover
- Six handles with EVA knuckle guards are situated in front of riders, giving them secure anchor points within easy reach
- And believe us—they’ll need ‘em
- A Boston valve provides quick inflation and deflation. Dimensions: 80″x55″
10. AIRHEAD AHSL-32 Slash II Towable
- Fin Action Steering!
- Two people can carve turns with SLASH II!
- Both riders simply lean in the direction they want to turn and pull on the opposite handle
- The plastic fins sewn onto the side of the cover do the carving
- SLASH II is so much fun that you’ll want to ride it all day long!
- You just might be able to, since it’s so easy to re-board with the open back design, a feature that little ones and tired adults really appreciate
- SLASH II has a 30-guage PVC bladder and is fully covered with double stitched 840-denier nylon, making it torsionally rigid to respond to rider’s commands
- It’s equipped with a Kwik-Connect, Boston valve, and 4 nylon-wrapped handles with neoprene knuckle guards
- Designed for 1 or 2 riders. Patented. Size 58 in. x 48 in. (deflated)
- Limited 1 Year Warranty