Nothing beats a home made waffle with all the fixin’s for breakfast. Top it off with whip cream and syrup and you have one deliciously easy breakfast to make! That’s not all waffles are used for.
Waffles can also be used in place of bread to make a wonderfully unique sandwich. Also, fried chicken goes great with waffles as does other meat (pulled pork on a waffle is to die for)! And then we have dessert… ice cream with a banana, whip cream, strawberries and topped with chocolate syrup. Yeah that’s what I’m talking about!
The amount of different meals you can make with waffles is a lot more then you’d expect. But this article is not about waffle recipes, there’s plenty other articles dedicated to recipes. this article is all about giving you the most in-depth and unbiased waffle maker reviews out there.
Some general points to consider when buying a waffle maker:
- Make sure your waffle maker has a non-stick surface as cleaning your waffle maker is the biggest hassle in the whole process.
- Pay attention to the overall dimensions of the waffle maker as you have to find a place to store it when you aren’t making delicious waffles!
- Not all waffle makers bake evenly! Make sure the waffle maker you choose is designed to make your waffles thickness the same throughout. Nobody wants a thin waffle, that’s part of the yummyness.
- Every waffle maker will produce a different sized waffle. Some are square, some are round and some are even heart shape. Also keep in mind waffle sizing. A teeny waffle is not fun and too big of a waffle makes waste.
- Style points do count when it comes to waffle irons! I personally keep my waffle maker on my kitchen counter.
- If you plan on doing the same make sure it fits your decor as you don’t want some unsightly hunk of metal ruining the feng shui of your kitchen!
So remember, keep these points in mind when buy a waffle maker! Below is our list of the best waffle makers.
#1. Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
- Calphalon’s No Peek Waffle Maker is perfect for making thick, delicious Belgian waffles
- Just pour in the batter and set the shade selector; the No Peek indicator lets you know exactly how brown your waffle is getting – without lifting the cover!
- Calphalon’s exclusive Opti-Heat system ensures even heat delivery
- The high performance bronze nonstick surface means you won’t have to add butter or oil to get easy release
- And clean-up is a breeze
Pros: super price and fast shipping, the waffle iron is truly non-stick, heats up quickly, it cooks fast and easy, the waffles turn out perfect every time, hinge latch is convenient for storing, stores away neatly, clean up is a breeze, love the timer …
Cons: the stainless finish shows dull fingerprints is a bit difficult to remove …
#2. KitchenAid KPWB100OB Pro Line Waffle Baker
- The specially designed double-sided baking unit rotates to allow the batter to coat both upper and lower waffle plates, producing two golden Grand Belgian waffles
- Double-sided, clamshell baking unit flips to provide uniform waffles with superb consistency
- Stainless Steel and Die Cast Metal Construction
- Constant Baking Temperature
- Non-stick waffle plates
- Baker produces two 7 1/2-inch diameter by 1 1/4 inch thick waffles
Pros: heavy duty and solid, well constructed with very nice features, easy to load, flip, no spray needed, it never sticks, no-stick coating is great waffles fall out when done, completes two large waffles in a very short time with even cooking, recommend to anyone want full size waffles and restaurant quality maker …
Cons: a little pricey, the timer dial on the front of the unit is really really flimsy …
#3. All-Clad 99012GT Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker
- Bake amazing quality waffles with this All-Clad 99012GT round waffle maker
- Perfect for weekend brunches, anytime snacks, or delicious desserts, the round-shaped waffles measure 6.5 inches in diameter by 1/2-inch thick
- They offer four easy-cut sections and feature traditional pockets for holding melted butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh fruits, and even savory toppings
- Simply pour in the batter, close the lid, and turn the knob to choose from seven browning levels according to your taste
- The waffle maker’s advanced heating technology ensures consistent baking and browning, while its steam-release system prevents condensation from building-up, which means waffles baked to golden perfection—delicately crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside
- The ready audible bip lets you know when the waffle maker is properly preheated, and an audible signal along with a green indicator light indicates when your waffles can be taken out of the product to be eaten
- The waffle maker’s nonstick cooking surface promotes effortless release and quick, easy cleanup
- Housed in polished stainless steel with a branded die-cast handle, the durable waffle maker ensures long-lasting performance while beautifully complementing All-Clad stainless-steel cookware for a cohesively eye-catching collection
- Enjoy the sweeter side of life with All-Clad
Pros: excellent for the price, super solid, non-stick, wonderful quality, fast & easy to use, the adjustable temperature controls are great, makes awesome waffles, just the right size waffle, cleans up easily, stands upright in the cupboard, excellent use of space for storing, the range of preference settings is a real plus …
Cons: the beep when the waffle is ready …
#4. Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- Whip up thick and fluffy waffles and make perfect pancakes
- The supremely convenient Cuisinart Breakfast Central comes with waffle and pancake plates, all dishwasher safe to make cleanup quick and easy
- Also features an adjustable temperature control with six settings, indicator lights and an audible beep for foolproof operation
Pros: nonstick coating is holding up well, it makes a crispy waffle on the outside and soft on the inside, waffles came out perfect, easy to take plates out for wash, the removable plates for cleanup without having to worry about damaging the iron, the plates are dishwasher safe …
Cons: wish it could lock closed …
#5. Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker
- The unique rotating feature ensures that both waffles bake evenly on both sides
- So whatever you top them with – whipped cream, syrup, berries, peaches or ice cream – doesn’t compete with the crunch
- And the pockets are one-inch deep, so there is plenty of room for the kind of toppings that make a brunch more memorable and a dessert-to-die-for!
- And just to make sure every single waffle is perfect
- 2 LEDS for Heat-Up and Ready-to-Bake, 3 “Beeps” when waffles are done baking
- a thermostat/browning control to let you please all of the waffle lovers all of the time!
Pros: arrived promptly, great for the family who loves waffles, great for camping with friends, simple to operate, it makes perfect waffles and deep pockets, waffles cook quickly and evenly, very easy to clean afterwards, compact enough for for a small camper kitchen, very sturdy …
Cons: plates are not removable and must be washed in place …
#6. Chef’s Choice 840 WafflePro Express Waffle Maker, Traditional Five of Hearts
- With a new modern design and a unique “floating” top-plate, the 840 is their most advanced waffle maker yet
- In as little as 90 seconds, you’ll be preparing the worlds most delicious waffles, effortlessly
- The unique Quad® baking system lets you select the ideal flavor, texture and color
- With a simple flip of the texture select switch, you can choose either fast bake for crisper waffles with a soft, oven fresh interior, or deep bake for a more uniform texture
- This professional, heavy-duty unit offers a “waffle ready” beeper, “baking” and “ready” lights, instant temperature recovery for continuous baking, a non-stick deep channel griddle and an easy-clean overflow channel
- The “floating” lid guarantees uniform waffle thickness and baking and ensures incredibly easy clean-up every time
- With a built-in cord storage compartment, the waffle maker can be efficiently stored in a space-saving, upright position
Pros: very nice waffle iron for the money, this waffle iron makes cute heart shaped waffles, great European style waffles, nice settings for various cooking options, easy to use and clean, no sticking, cooks quickly and evenly, the controls for soft or crisp and the controls for color work well, love the timer, compact enough to store easily …
Cons: makes just one average-sized waffle at a time, the diameter of the waffle is quite small and thin …
#7. EdgeCraft 838-SE Chef’s Choice WaffleCone Express Ice-Cream-Cone Maker
- Make delicious home-made waffle cones in the WaffleCone Express with special edition lid
- Non-stick baking surface has instant temperature recovery, and an easy to clean overflow channel
- Convenient, baking and ready lights alert you when the waffle cone is done
- Ready to serve in two minutes! Save space by storing unit upright
- 1-year limited warranty, recipes included
Pros: you’ll never buy cones again, the instructions were clear, the ice cream cone maker is pretty costly, perfect tasty crispy waffles, very fast cooking, easy handling, non stick iron is great, has dial setting for time, the attachment to make cones comfortable to use …
Cons: simply fantastic …
#8. Chef’s Choice 852 Classic Wafflepro 2 Square Waffle Maker
- This elegant new waffle maker bakes two delicious waffles in just two minutes or less
- Enjoy the fresh taste and delicious aroma of these perfect homemade waffles that will delight the most discerning palates from children to adults
- Ideal for homemade or quick mix batters, the WafflePro M852 features a superior non-stick easy release coating and consistent even heating that guarantees beautiful waffles uniformly cooked inside and out for the perfect tasty treat
- It quickly recovers its temperature so it’s always ready to bake and feed even the biggest of appetites
- The top waffle plate is attached with a floating hinge to ensure uniform thickness and even baking
- A convenient, easy open latching handle combined with a built-in cord storage compartment allows this waffle maker to be efficiently stored in a space-saving upright position
Pros: perfect size for single serving, very nice, space saver, easy to store upright, no clean up, heats up quickly, makes great waffles, non-stick surface of the plates is extremely effective, yummy, quick to make, the dial allows you to choose the darkness of the waffle …
Cons: little overflow, thin waffles …
#9. Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker
- The waffle maker’s 1-1/2-inch surface creates extra-deep pockets and comes with a nonstick coating to help ensure effortless food release
- Even more, its convenient flip system allows the batter to fully coat the cooking plates, which is important for evenly cooked waffles
- To create light and fluffy waffles or waffles with a crispier texture, simply adjust the temperature
- When finished, the drip tray removes easily for quick cleanup, and the appliance can be stored vertically to help save on counter or cabinet space
- Attractively housed in brushed stainless steel, the Belgian waffle maker carries a one-year limited warranty
Pros: comes with easy to make recipes that taste great, non sticking, deep-crannied waffles with minimal fuss, perfect super thick waffles, love the size and the efficient of heat, crispy outside, moist inside, recommend to anyone that likes deep waffles …
Cons: wish they would make these with removable plates …
#10. Hamilton Beach 26030 Belgian Waffle Maker
- With an ultra flip design, this waffle maker expertly bakes golden brown, fluffy waffles and gives you total flipping control so you can create restaurant-quality results right at home
- Make your waffle just the way you want it – lighter or darker – in just minutes
- Designed for the thickest batter and most complex waffle, the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker has Belgian-style grids with deep pockets to hold plenty of toppings
- Even better, the nonstick grids are removable to go in the dishwasher for easy cleanup afterwards
- Flips easily for thick, fluffy waffles
- Cool-touch, easy-flip handle folds for easy storage
- Brushed stainless steel exterior housing ensures long-lasting durability
- Advanced heating technology ensures consistent baking and browning
- Nonstick finish allows effortless release and trouble-free cleanup
- Removable grids & drip tray are dishwasher safe
- Drip tray catches excess batter
- Browning control
- ON and READY lights indicate when power is on and when to add batter
Pros: makes nice crispy thick waffles at a great price, non-stick, the outside was crispy, the insides wonderfully tender, love the drip tray which really helps keep the counter clean, cleaning is so easy with the removable plates, love that it pops in the dishwasher …
Cons: no recipes come with the unit …