One of the best and easiest ways to lose weight is by walking and running. One of the best ways to exercise your walking and running is by using a treadmill and more specifically an electric treadmill. Treadmill is very easy to use by everyone, both beginners and experts. Many weight loss experts suggest using the treadmill to accelerate your weight loss efforts. Treadmill training can be done in the comfort of our own home; it is safe, fun, accurate and not affected by other factors (e.g. weather conditions).
To lose weight by using the treadmill you have to follow some guidelines to make sure that you make the most of your exercise. These tips on weight loss are presented below:
1. Be consistent. To lose weight with treadmill exercise you need to be consistent. Maintain a regular training schedule of about 45 minutes per day for at least 4 days per week. Take note of how many calories you lose by following this pattern. If you want faster results increase the duration and frequency of exercise.
2. Combine your training with a healthy diet. Although the benefits of treadmill training are a lot especially for weight loss, for better results you need to combine your training with a healthy diet. Do not just really on the treadmill training alone. Treadmill is a very good tool to assist you in your efforts. Diet is another tool and for better results you have to do both. Watch what you eat, eat less and exercise more are the keys of weight loss success.
3. Exercising on the treadmill is easy even for beginners. It is better though to inform your doctor that you are going to start exercising. You may need to complete some tests to ensure that you do not have any health problems that can be forbidding. If everything is ok start slowly and increase the intensity of the exercise gradually. Most electric treadmill has great fitness programs for beginners you can take advantage off.
4. While running on the treadmill make sure that your body position is comfortable. Having a comfortable position will allow you to increase your pace and burn more calories. Some tips regarding your body position while running are:
Keep your head up, straight up your neck and look in a front (a TV in front of the treadmill can help you do achieve that better) your arms should swing naturally close to your body like when running on the track. Do not make too long or too short steps. Keep a steady pace and make sure that your steps are firm
5. Besides losing calories exercising on the treadmill will help you to increase your metabolism. By improving your metabolism you assist the fat burning process and thus you have better results faster. With diet alone you cannot burn fat. You need to exercise in order to burn fat and the treadmill is one of the best ways to do this.
There are a lot of ways to use a treadmill for exercise. The above tips on weight loss will help you get started with your treadmill.